Recommended Audio Software for Your Radio Station!
The following is a list of DJ Automation Encoders that FamCast recommends.
- Winamp – With the Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source plugin – free. Recommended if you are new to Internet radio streaming. Runs on Windows. Click to download
- SHOUTcast – Source DSP Click to download
- MB Recaster – Windows freeware. Good replacement for Winamp, Edcast. Click to download
- Lunar Caster – For live broadcasting music. Includes various modules (Jingles, Calendar, Playlists, Events, etc.). Runs on Windows. Click to download
- Butt – Free multi OS streaming tool. This is the best tool to use if you are using external equipment such as (DJ controllers, CD players, Mixers, etc.) It will stream and record from your MIC or LINE input. It supports SHOUTcast and Icecast and runs on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. It is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a playlist of audio files. So you will still need an audio source. Click to download
- LadioCast – Free for Mac OS X. Click to download
- PlayIt Live – Free for Windows. Requires Internet Broadcast plugin (e.g. AltaCast) to stream to SHOUTcast/Icecast servers. Click to download
- Mixxx – A FREE World-class mixing engine with Auto DJ for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Click to download
- SAM Broadcaster – Sam Broadcaster is a radio automation software developed specifically for radio stations. It has a quality streaming DSP encoder that will allow you to connect to SHOUTcast v1/v2 or Icecast. This software can organize large music libraries quickly into multiple categories, import information from tags and automatically look up track information via Amazon.com.
The built-in audio features like cross-fade detection, gap killer, volume normalization and 5-band compressor and limiter will make your radio station sound professional. Requires a certain learning curve. Steep price in comparison to some free alternatives.
Costs $299. Runs on Windows. Click to download
- SAM Cast – $199. All in one solution for live streaming. Runs on Windows. Click to download
- Rocket Broadcaster – Free / $49 Pro. Our recommended encoder. Rocket captures audio from other applications, including Skype, Spotify, and your automation software, so you can seamlessly mix live interviews with music. Click to download
- StationPlaylist Studio – Designed for Pro Stations. Pro $239. Features general automation playback and live assistance tools for DJs. Click to download
- StationPlaylist Creator – Pro $239. Music and spot scheduling software. It is used to design your station format using rotations of music categories and spot groups (jingles, ads, etc). Click to download
- Zarastudio – $200.58. Not designed for Internet radio streaming, but it is a program that automates audio playback. Can be used along with other programs to broadcast an Internet station. Some of those programs are Rocket Broadcaster, OddCast or WinAmp plugin, Virtual DJ. Click to download
- Virtual DJ – $299 for Commercial use. Free for non-commercial use. For commercial use, you will need to buy a commercial license. Runs on Windows and Mac OS X. Click to download
- Nextkast – $99 standard / $199 Pro. Runs on Windows. Click to download
- Megaseg – This is the Sam Broadcaster for MAC users. $99 Standard / $199 Pro. Runs on Mac OS X. Click to download
- RadioBOSS – $119.95. Simple to use, lets you build sophisticated playlists with the professional features. Runs on Windows. Click to download
- RadioCaster – $49.95. Broadcast any audio that you have on your computer: support for audio capture from any computer input or playback device. Runs on Windows. Click to download